Backup to Dropbox worked, but doesn’t show in latest

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Backup to Dropbox worked, but doesn’t show in latest

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Meredith Silberstein
    Participant

I have my Updraft Plus set to backup to my Dropbox account. According to the existing backups listing in WP and my actual Dropbox folder, I have a complete backup as of today, but I had to manually do it because my host required me to have WP CRON disabled due to CPU issues. They created a custom CRON script for me, but it seems as if Updraft can’t use it automatically. I also tried to do it via WP-CLI, but I got error messages about not being able to find the cPanel Quota Usage, and “errno 32 on write.”

As a result of WP CRON being disabled, I see “Warning: WordPress has a number…of scheduled tasks which are overdue. Unless this is a development site, this probably means that the scheduler in your WordPress install is not working.” and “Warning: The scheduler is disabled in your WordPress install, via the DISABLE_WP_CRON setting. No backups can run (even “Backup Now”) unless either you have set up a facility to call the scheduler manually, or until it is enabled.”

So a few questions:
    (1) If I have to keep WP CRON disabled, how do I set up the custom script I have from my host to “call the scheduler manually?”
    (2) If I have ALTERNATE CRON set, will Updraft not see that? (Is ALTERNATE CRON even be appropriate in my case?)
    (3) What does “a facility to call the scheduler manually” mean, if not another script that allows WP Cron jobs?
    (4) Why would I also see “UpdraftPlus Vault: this site has not been connected – check your settings” if Dropbox is connected and clearly receiving backups? I’m not using UpdraftPlus Vault!

I used WP Crontrol to see what all the tasks were, and most of them are normal, everyday cron tasks from various plugins. There doesn’t appear to be any one plugin that’s creating too many tasks, so I don’t know what the holdup would be.

The “latest scheduled backups” listed at the top are from January, so it seems like part of Updraft isn’t seeing my Dropbox backup from today, and may even be keeping part of a backup locally (web-server disk space in use).

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the latest full backup log?

This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab.
    The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Regards,
    Bryle

Meredith Silberstein
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thanks for sending the log.

Regarding the CRON questions, please see this FAQ for more info – https://updraftplus.com/faqs/my-scheduled-backups-do-nothing-backup-now-stops-midway/

For UpdraftVault error, if you are not using UpdraftVault make it is not highlighted in the “remote storage” selection. Make sure you also click the “Save Changes” button at the bottom of the page.

Regards,
    Bryle

Meredith Silberstein
    Participant

I verified that Updraft Vault isn’t highlighted; I selected Dropbox again, made sure I was authenticated and saved, but I still see “UpdraftPlus Vault: this site has not been connected – check your settings (Mar 11 11:07:47)” as an error.

Under existing backups, I now see March 8 there, and the next scheduled backups are March 15 (Files) and March 12 (Database). I’m not sure if I should try and force a backup (Backup Now) or an incremental backup to see if I get any other errors, though.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Could you try to wipeout settings from the “Advance tools” tab? However, it will reset all of your UpdraftPlus settings and you will have to set it again.

After reset, clear browser cache or disable any caching plugins and run a new backup.

Regards,
    Bryle

Meredith Silberstein
    Participant

I wiped out my settings and set them again (backup frequency, including incremental backups; backup location), but I think the backup is still stalling partway through. Right now, the most recent backup log item is “Zip size is at/near split limit (389.4 MB / 400 MB) – bumping index (from: 1) (Mar 12 17:20:29)”. I have a CRON-checking plugin, and with it I saw that I have some scheduled items going back as far as February 19, including things like my theme, my security plugin (WPMU Defender), my form plugin (Forminator), my SEO plugin (Yoast) etc. It seems like those can’t/won’t use the Alternate CRON setup, so I want to check with my host about what to do, since they’re the ones that made me disable CRON due to CPU usage anyway. But they asked me to get more specific details from Updraft about what they need to check or change.

Meredith Silberstein
    Participant

Bump. I haven’t heard back regarding this issue, and my local backups seem to be piling up (to over 4.4 GB at this point). But the backups do seem to be showing up on Dropbox, so at some point, I think the backups are completing… except any time I do the partial/incremental backups before an update or something like that, it always seems to stall. How do I know if the uploaded backups are actually viable?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies for the late reply.

Please can you provide us again a copy of the backup log?
    If the backup is stalling that usually means that your server has already reached the resource limit.
    UpdraftPlus has been designed to be dependent on your server’s resources. Please read this FAQ for complete details – https://updraftplus.com/faqs/how-much-resources-does-updraftplus-need/

Regards,
    Bryle

Meredith Silberstein
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please can you check if the “Delete local backups” option from UpdraftPlus > Settings > Show Expert settings is ticked?

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Backup to Dropbox worked, but doesn’t show in latest’ is closed to new replies.