Cannot open DEV site after restore

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Cannot open DEV site after restore

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    karen21
    Participant

In the past I have created a backup of my main website. Next, I copy those files in CPanel to the DEV website in CPanel. Next, I go to my DEV wpadmin and rescan backup folder. Next, I restore. This worked perfectly until the main website became https.

So, then after the restore to DEV I had to go back into CPanel, navigate to the plugin folder under DEV, and rename the SSL plugin to .old. Next, I would login to DEV and remove the SSL plugin.

Today I chose restore in DEV and now when I try to login to DEV it tells me the site does not exist. I can see that it is redirecting to https, but there is no SSL plugin under the DEV plugin folder in CPanel. How do I get my DEV site back????

Bryle Crodua

Hi Karen,

Do you have any caching plugins installed? Can you also try to deactivate if there are any?

Regards,
    Bryle

karen21
    Participant

These are the plugins:
    Advanced Custom Fields PRO
    Google Analytics for WordPress by MonsterInsights
    Handsome Testimonials
    Intuitive Custom Post Order
    Post Types Order
    Really Simple SSL
    UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore
    Wordfence Security
    WP Google Maps
    Yoast SEO

That’s it.

karen21
    Participant

Today I restored DEV from installatron backup. Then, I tried the process again, SAME result. I just reinstalled Updraft plugin. What else can I try?

Bryle Crodua

Hi Karen,

To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the restoration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your site via FTP.
    You can send the log file as an attachment or copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

karen21
    Participant

Sorry, but I don’t see any option on this screen to attach a file. The email notification comes from a “noreply” address.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Sorry, please use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Regards,
    Bryle

karen21
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

I don’t have a log file under DEV. It is not restoring anything. It hoses the whole DEV site. Today I restored DEV from the installatron backup again. I can now access the DEV site through wp-admin again. The version of updraftplus is 2.16.10.24. I copied the March 4th backup files from our main website to the DEV folders (CPanel) and performed a rescan. I currently have the option to restore the March 4th backup in DEV. It says “this looks like a migration…” The checkbox to search & replace the URL is checked by default. I don’t want to run this again and have to go through the clean up, restore, clean up, updating, and clean up (again) to get back to this point. I see a warning that updraftplus has not been tested on WP 5.1.1. Could this be the problem? Or is my process faulty? Thank you.

karen21
    Participant

Tonight after restoring DEV and making sure it had the latest version of updraft, I also updated updraft plugin on the main website. I performed another backup, but I made separate files for each item. On the DEV site, I restored uploads from the latest backup of the main website. I then restored themes. Then I restored Others. No problems on any of these. Next, I attempted to restore plugins which, after about 5 minutes, made a 404 page appear. Last line of log file says: Unzip progress: 4317 out of 5244 files. I deactivated all plugins on the DEV site except updraft and tried again. Last line of log file: Unzip progress: 4034 out of 5244 files. I deactivated updraftplus and reinstalled per instructions on DEV site. Tried plugin restore again. Last line of log file: Unzip progress: 4188 out of 5244 files. With all 3 got a message You have an unfinished restoration operation, begun 6 minutes, 32 seconds ago. Same for all 3, 404 error after 5-6 minutes. I have NOT tried to restore the database, which I think was involved in the original issue.

karen21
    Participant

Today I copied all the PLUGIN folders (except SSL and Updraftplus) from the wp-content/plugins to to wp-content/dev/plugins. Under wp-admin on the DEV website I updated all plugins. I tried the restore for plugins only from yesterday’s backup. It failed just as the other times. Then under Updraftplus I restored the database only from yesterday’s backup. That restore worked fine. The end result is that DEV is now the same as the main website, but I cannot backup all items (themes, uploads, others, plugins, database) together and restore successfully, nor can I restore plugins.

Comparing the 4 restoration logs that failed, the first 9 lines of each file (except for timestamps) are the same. The next 7 lines unzip from updraftplus/includes and updraftplus/vendor in each of the 4 logs. The next line unzips Advanced Custom Fields Pro in all 4. The next line in the first log unzips updraftplus/onedrive but the other 3 logs continue on with Advanced Custom Fields Pro. The next 5 lines for all 4 logs unzip WordPress SEO. The next line for the second file unzips SEO while the other 3 files unzip Google Maps. The final line in all 4 logs is different. Log 1 unzips Wordfence, Log 2 unzips Google Maps, Log 3 unzips SEO and Log 4 unzips Wordfence. There are no other lines in any of the files.

I’ve tried deactivating the SSL and Wordfence plugins, making a new backup for Plugins only, then restoring to DEV. Failed. I tried deactivating the Wordfence plugin in DEV and restoring that same backup. Failed.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Karen,

I have sent a reply to the other ticket you’ve opened. Let’s continue the investigation from there.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Cannot open DEV site after restore’ is closed to new replies.