Communications Error

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Selfless Mind
    Participant

On a few sites that i have connected, when I click the dashboard icon to log into the relevant sites wp-admin page I get the following message:

An error occurred – you may find more information in your web browser’s JavaScript console. (user_key_failure)

Looking in the browser console the error is:

UpdraftCentral: RPC: Error occurred (user_key_failure); data follows
    b @ autoptimize_3f40b1ab883585e2cc580b2047b337a6.js:264

Any idea what this might be down to?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you try removing one of the problem sites from UpdraftCentral, and setting up the connection again?

Does this resolve the issue for that site?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Selfless Mind
    Participant

Hi David,

I’ve removed them and re-added, after deleting the cache and cookies and the same error occurs. When I go to site configuration both show as Succeeded for the Direct method of connection and I can see users, comments etc. I just can’t log in via the dashboard link. It’s quite bizarre.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Are you using any plugins that affects WordPress login? For example a captcha plugin?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Selfless Mind
    Participant

Thanks David,

I’ve just realised the affected sites all have a physical 2FA device for login whilst the others use an phone based authenticator. Not sure why I didn’t make the connection sooner, it’s been driving me crazy trying to figure out what the issue was!

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Glad that you have found the cause of the issue.

I’ll make a note in our development list to look into adding a clearer error message in this sort of situation.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Communications Error’ is closed to new replies.