Communications Error

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Frank Reinhardt
    Participant

Hi Guys,

I am using UpdraftCentral + UpdraftPlus Premium for almost 15 domains. Unfortunately I am always retrieving a “Communication Error” while trying to initiate an update using UpdraftCentral.

I’ve tried already your trouble-shooting tips, but nothing helped so far.

Appreciate your help on this.

Thanks,
    Frank

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Frank,

Are you receiving any further error message when the Communication Error occurs?
    If so, please could you send us a copy of the error?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Frank Reinhardt
    Participant

Hi David,

Apologize for my late response. I’ve been on a business trip at the end of last week. No, I only got the Communications Error Message. Maybe i should mention that before original updates will be done a backup for each site is being initiated.

But i have also figured out that Chrome’s JavaScript Console has thrown an Error too.

Please have a look to the below Dropbox-URL where you find a few screenshots.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ublycgh19g0egn/AACr8AWvmgrezrzKCbIsfNVsa?dl=0

Thanks,
    Frank

Frank Reinhardt
    Participant

Hi David,

The issue does still exist. Any further help on this would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Frank

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Frank,

Apologies for the delay, it appears that the forums buried this thread.

As the communications error only appears when attempting an update, and the error appears to be a timeout, it is possible that the command to update is getting through but the site is not sending confirmation back in time.

Could you attempt to trigger an update through UpdraftCentral and receive the error? Then, please could you check the plugin that should have updated?
    Does the update run on the site itself?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Frank Reinhardt
    Participant

Hi David,

Could you please take a look to the following screenshots from UpdraftCentral and the error message i got:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1ublycgh19g0egn/AACr8AWvmgrezrzKCbIsfNVsa?dl=0

The plugin has been updated, but the problem still exist when using UpdraftCentral. If go to the website in order to initiate the backup / update with Updraft Premium everything works fine. It seems that UpdraftCentral is leading backup / update requests to a timeout for some reason.

Regards,
    Frank

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Frank,

Apologies, could I confirm, if the update is triggered via UpdraftCentral and the error occurs, does the update still succeed on the site?

Best Wishes,
    David N

ft systems gmbh
    Participant

Hi

I have the same error on all four websites I’ve tested.

Communications error - timeout
    There was an error in contacting the remote site. The request did not complete in a reasonable amount of time. You should check that the remote site is online, is not firewalled, has remote control enabled, and that no security module is blocking the access. Then, check the logs on the remote site.
    Go here for help in trouble-shooting connection issues
    Follow this link to test alternative connection methods

But I don’t get the Javascript error, which Frank mentioned.

I use the following versions:
    UpdraftPlus – Backup/Restore 2.13.7.21
    UpdraftCentral Dashboard 0.6.2
    UpdraftCentral Premium 0.5.1

Interessting was, the error appears directly after the backup was running. The Dashboard of the target website was showing the backup is running correctly and the backup can also be successfully restored.

I’ve been testing a bit and I’ve found out the following:
    The error does NOT appear if I deactivate the checkbox: Backups -> Settings -> on the bottom “Expert Settings” -> on the bottom “UpdraftPlus Automatic Backups”

If checked this effect with multiple Websites. It doesn’t metter if the Backup is just locally or external (testet with FTPS).

This means, that I first manually do a Backup and after that I do the updates.

Please fix it. If you want, I can show you the effect within a Teamviewer session or make a screen movie. Or I can send you my test protocol.

Thank you for your support.

Best Wishes
    Michael

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Michael,

I will pass this on to our developers for further investigation.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Frank Reinhardt
    Participant

Hi David,

The update is triggered via UpdraftCentral, but it stucks / fails during backup process on the remote site. In the meantime i figured out that the webhosting company from my customer is using a LiteSpeed webserver. Could this be a problem?

Thanks,
    Frank

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Frank,

Please could you send us a copy of the backup log from the failed update backup?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Frank Reinhardt
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi Frank,

I’m afraid that the backup log shows the backup completing without any issues.
    Was this backup log from a failed update?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Communications Error’ is closed to new replies.