Dropbox fails to connect

Tagged: 

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    info2789
    Participant

Once I save the settings it takes me to the page where it says: “To complete setup for Dropbox press the button below. This will take you back to your UpdraftPlus settings on the site [http:etc etc.com}. You will then be able to send backups to Dropbox.”
    However when I click the button it asks me to sign back into the wp for the site, which then returns me to the aforementioned page, and no connection to dropbox has happened.
    When I try to backup it says “Warning: Dropbox: You do not appear to be authenticated with Dropbox (whilst deleting)”
    What do I have to do?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Can you try using a different browser? Do you still get the same issue?

Also try temporarily deactivate the other plugins installed on your site. There could be conflict with UpdraftPlus.

Regards,
    Bryle

info2789
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Can you please ask your host/server admin to change the settings of the URL string? It appears that the URL string is was too long for your server.

Regards,
    Bryle

info2789
    Participant

Hi,

That seems an unlikely cause to the problem as the other 9 sites are on the same hosting, and there is no problem with their backups. Could it be because we have just freed up the last paid license from a site that is no longer existing, and we have to wait a month or something for this license to work?

Debra Marvin
    Participant

I am having the same problem. Just gave up trying to use Dropbox for now. I am using a different remote storage option.

Bryle Crodua

Hi @info2789,

Please can you try to run a backup and send us a copy of the backup log?
    I will ask our developers to check further on this.

Alternatively, you can switch to another remote storage option like Google Drive or OneDrive for the meantime.

Apologies for the inconvenience @@info2789 and @Debra.

Thanks,
    Bryle

info2789
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

You want me to send you a copy of the log by email?

ljakobi
    Participant

FYI – just received the same error trying to setup Updraft on a new page. Never had this problem before (18pages).

Debra Marvin
    Participant

Hi Bryle,
    I did change over to OneDrive so I could get my backup completed. I tried every browser I had installed on my PC and nothing worked. I am set for now but really would prefer to use Dropbox for my backups.

Bryle Crodua

Hi @info2789,

Please use our support form here instead – https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/
    You can attache the log using that form.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Dropbox fails to connect’ is closed to new replies.