DropBox UpdraftPlus.com folder size limit? Backups being auto-deleted.

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin DropBox UpdraftPlus.com folder size limit? Backups being auto-deleted.

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a 1TB DropBox account where I store all my WP backups. The problem I’m having is – the backups all seem to work fine, in that they initially go to Dropbox > Apps > UpdraftPlus.Com as they are supposed to, but the folder only seems to hold a finite number of total backup files (I haven’t determined yet if this is based on date or quantity – but I think it’s quantity; approx 27 or so). The rest get auto-deleted into the the “Deleted files” folder. I’m backing up about 38 sites if that matters

I’m currently using less than 3% of my total space, and DropBox tech support said that it is the UpDraft plugin that is causing this as they never auto-delete anything. Please advise…

Thanks..

Bryle Crodua

Hi Dave,

It is possible that you have set UpdraftPlus to only save a certain number of backups to your remote storage. Can you check your backup retention rule? This can be found in the UpdraftPlus “Settings” tab from your WordPress site.

Regards,
    Bryle

Dave
    Participant

Well – I do have each site set to save only a certain number. For example I typically have:

Site A: Files – Retain 1
    Site A: Database – Retain 3

Site B: Files – Retain 1
    Site B: Database – Retain 3

Site C: Files – Retain 1
    Site C: Database – Retain 3

And on and on. I guess I was assuming Updraft/DropBox would keep an ongoing number of backups of ALL sites in the folder – while simply deleting the proper number PER SITE. Does that make sense?

thank you…

Bryle Crodua

Hi Dave,

Apologies for the late reply.

Do you also save the backups for each site in different sub-folders? Or are they all stored in a single folder?

Regards,
    Bryle

Dave
    Participant

A single Folder. Apps > UpdraftPlus.

Thank you.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Dave,

It is best to save the backups for each in different sub-folders so your backups are more organised and to avoid conflicts with the retention rule settings.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘DropBox UpdraftPlus.com folder size limit? Backups being auto-deleted.’ is closed to new replies.