Dropbox/Curl error: The cURL OAuth consumer requires the cURL extension.

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Dropbox/Curl error: The cURL OAuth consumer requires the cURL extension.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    James
    Participant

Hi guys,

I’ve got cURL installed and enabled – see https://62.100.207.19/phpinfo.php

My server is running Debian 8 and NGINX (not Apache) and the site is WordPress.

I’m getting an error in the WordPress admin about Updraft not being able to find cURL.

“Dropbox/Curl error: The cURL OAuth consumer requires the cURL extension. Please speak to your web hosting provider so that this missing PHP component can be installed. (Dropbox_Exception) (line: 42, file: /home/reemandansie/public_html/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/includes/Dropbox2/OAuth/Consumer/Curl.php)
    Dropbox error: You do not appear to be authenticated with Dropbox (see log file for more)”

Can anyone point me in the right direction to fix this please?

Cheers,
    Soph

udadmin
    Keymaster

(Dropbox_Exception) (line: 42, file: /home/reemandansie/public_html/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/includes/Dropbox2/OAuth/Consumer/Curl.php)

These particular lines are:

if (!extension_loaded('curl')) {
                throw new Dropbox_Exception('The cURL OAuth consumer requires the cURL extension. Please speak to your web hosting provider so that this missing PHP component can be installed.');
            }

i.e. It asks PHP “is the curl extension loaded?”, and PHP replies with “no”. It’s weird that phpinfo shows otherwise. What happens if you move the phpinfo.php file into wp-admin and run it from there? (Perhaps you have different PHP options active in different directories?).

David

James
    Participant

Hi David,

Thank you for your reply.

I’ve moved the phpinfo.php file to wp-admin and it still says cURL is enabled.

https://62.100.207.19/wp-admin/phpinfo.php

Cheers.
    Soph

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

What do you get if you run a file with just these contents?

<?php var_dump(extension_enabled('curl')); ?>

David

James
    Participant

Hi David,

That’s interesting, I get an error 500. Both in the main directory and wp-admin.

https://62.100.207.19/curl.php

What would you expect?

Cheers,
    Soph

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Apologies; I typed it wrongly; should be:

<?php var_dump(extension_loaded('curl')); ?>

David

James
    Participant

Hi David,

No problem, and thank you.

That gives me bool(true).

Cheers,
    Soph

Michel
    Participant

Is there another way to fix this? I am not able to access the hosting platform of the website.

Getting error:
    Dropbox/Curl error: Error in call to API function “auth/token/revoke”: Must provide HTTP header “Authorization” or URL parameter “authorization”. (Dropbox_BadRequestException) (line: 216, file: /home/tigersys/tsicolumbus.com/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/includes/Dropbox2/OAuth/Consumer/Curl.php)

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Michel,

Please can you start a new topic (so that the other people who were asking different questions don’t get copies of all the replies), and when you do so, give some more context to your question so that we can understand it better?

Many thanks,
    David

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Dropbox/Curl error: The cURL OAuth consumer requires the cURL extension.’ is closed to new replies.