editing my cloned site

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Simon Fitton
    Participant

Hi

I have cloned my site, though how successfully I’m not sure. But how can I edit teh cloned site? When I visit it, I don’t have any admin privileges, I can just view the site.

Thansk

Simon

Simon Fitton
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Simon,

You can log in to your cloned site using the same login information as your source site.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Simon Fitton
    Participant

Hi Bryle

Thanks for your reply. I tried that many times, but it doesn’t work. Whe I enter the admin log-in details, the page doesn’t respond, other than to display a brief error message (difficult to read as it’s partly offscreen) in the lower right corner of the screen. Do you know what this might mean, and could it be related to the problem?

Thansk

Simon

Bryle Crodua

Hi Simon,

Please can you send me a screenshot of the exact error you are getting when logging in please?

Regards,
    Bryle

Simon Fitton
    Participant

Hi Bryle

Sure, but it doesn’t seem possible to paste a screengrab here. how should I send it please?

The message says – ERROR for site owner: Invalid domain for site key.

It appears when I go to the admin login page for the cloned site.

Thanks

Simon

Bryle Crodua

Hi Simon,

Apologies for the late reply.

I’m afraid you cannot attach a file here. Please upload to cloud storage or use online tools like https://prnt.sc/ and post the link here.

Can you try to create a new clone and make sure you use a new UpdraftClone site key? I can credit back one token back to your account.

Regards,
    Bryle

Simon Fitton
    Participant

Hi Bryle

I will try creating a new clone. I can see a list of existing site keys, but how do I know which have been used already ie how can I be sure I’m using a new one?

Regarding token credits, of my original purchase of 5 tokens I currently have only one left. All have been used in an attempt to clone and edit my site (I want to test out a new theme), but I have so far been unable to do this, despite spending several hours over the last week trying to get it working. I’d appreciate it if you could recredit my account with the 5 tokens.

Regards

Simon

Bryle Crodua

Hi Simon,

I have credited the token back on your account. Upon review, I can only credit back 3 tokens.
    I have also checked the previous clone site that you created. The website appears to be working fine on the front end. Can you please provide me login credentials to the website so I can check if I get the same issue when logging in?

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘editing my cloned site’ is closed to new replies.