Email says backup failed to upload to Dropbox, but the file is there!

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Email says backup failed to upload to Dropbox, but the file is there!

Tagged: , ,

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Meredith Silberstein
    Participant

Hi there,
    I keep getting emails saying that Dropbox failed to upload the backup file, but when I check my Dropbox folder, the files are there– correct date, type of backup and everything! I haven’t unzipped any of the files, though, so I have no way of knowing if the backups actually have everything, short of their size varying per backup.

What can I do to ensure I don’t get these errors, or else ensure the backups are actually being “seen” by Updraft Plus?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the latest full backup log?

This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab.
    The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Regards,
    Bryle

Meredith Silberstein
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

UpdraftPlus will actually resume the backup until the server stops the process.

Please could you try to run a new backup? Do you still get the same issue?

Thanks,
    Bryle

Meredith Silberstein
    Participant

I successfully ran a new backup without issue, and so far I have yet to get the emails again… thanks! I don’t know why it failed so many times.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

The log shows that UpdraftPlus tried to send you an email report. In some servers, big file attachments are blocked. Can you check if this is the case on your server please?

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Email says backup failed to upload to Dropbox, but the file is there!’ is closed to new replies.