Endless loop when backing up plugins

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Endless loop when backing up plugins

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Thilo
    Participant

Hi guys,

I have an issue with backing up my plugins (during updates and manually), the update ends in an endless loop – see attached log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ofa0phes6bxhabr/log.da175759f68a.txt?dl=0

Backup of database run smoothly, but when trying to backup more than just the db it got stuck.
    As cloudflare blocks all my attempts to send a support form, trying the forum now instead…

Thanks for help
    Thilo

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

It shows that the backup process is timed out or killed off.

Could you try to reduce the backup archive split size further down to 25Mb? Then run a test again.

If the issue persists, please ask your hosts/server admin to investigate their PHP error logs. These logs should contain more information on the exact issue that is causing the backup process to halt.

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

Thilo
    Participant

Heya Bryle,

first of all, thanks for your quick reply. After investigating with the technicians of my hoster, the resources aren’t even close to any limits nor does the php-log show any errors. After about 2hrs the backup attempt simply stops. So there was no additional info coming from these log-files (except I now know the hourly rate of the technician :-d)
    But what came up was that the php-version was updated in June to fulfill the wp-requirements and since that change, the backups of all files do not work any more. Backups of the database still do fine, but there is no way to backup plugins or files/folders.
    Any chance the problem is related to the php-version? And – if so – any hint how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
    Thilo

Bryle Crodua

Hi Thilo,

Apologies for the late reply.

May I know what php version are you using please?

Regards,
    Bryle

Thilo
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

the actual version is 7.3.5, before the update it was 5.2.x I guess.

Regards
    *T*

PS: That wasn’t even close to a “late” reply…you’re pretty fast *thumbsup*

Bryle Crodua

Hi Thilo,

UpdraftPlus is compatible up to php 7.3 though. Would you be able to help us test and see if it works when using 7.1 or 7.2?

Regards,
    Bryle

Thilo
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

I changed the php-version to 7.2.18 and now everything runs like a charm with 25mb packet size. With php 7.3.5 it didn’t work at all…

Cheers
    *T*

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Endless loop when backing up plugins’ is closed to new replies.