Error message: Could not extract file from archive

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Error message: Could not extract file from archive

Tagged: ,

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ian
    Participant

Hi

I am moving servers, and have been migrating all my sites with Updraft Plus. The first ten or so are fine, the next two are giving the same error. I have downloaded full site archive, changed DNS and restored to new server. Fail in both cases, and it’s decompressing the uploads which is giving the issue.

To confirm I’ve tried offline on a MAMP server and same problem. Recreated backups, same problem.

I just get this error in the log:

0083.428 () Error message: Could not extract file from archive.
    0083.428 () Error data (invalid_file_ziparchive): uploads/2012/05/Tropical20forests20on20Wapichan20traditional20lands20support20a20rich20diversity20of20wildlife20including20rare20and20endangered20species..inset_-150×133.jpg
    0083.428 () Restore failed

And the entire restore operation fails. Same problem on two sites. Any ideas?
    Thanks!

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

This indicates that this backup file was corrupted.

If possible, please could you take a fresh backup, and download the file directly from remote storage (or from the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your site via FTP if not using remote storage).

Then, attempt to unzip the file. If the file unzips correctly, then this copy can be restored.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Ian
    Participant

Hi David

I did a fresh backup and the file can be unzipped directly on my local server – in both cases – but it still won’t run as a restore on either site. I can’t unzip files on our web server, so this doesn’t help because it’s a huge archive of separate files to upload the uncompressed files.

Why would this be happening?

Ian

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Ian,

Please could you upload a copy of the backup file that unzipped successfully to the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory via FTP (replacing any existing file of the same name).

Then, in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab, rescan local storage and attempt to restore the backup again.

This method will circumvent any corruption being introduced by uploading the backup through the site.

In your Existing Backups tab, do you see a warning about ‘extra whitespace’?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Ian,

Please could you upload a copy of the backup file that unzipped successfully to the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory via FTP (replacing any existing file of the same name).

Then, in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab, rescan local storage and attempt to restore the backup again.

This method will circumvent any corruption being introduced by uploading the backup through the site.

In your Existing Backups tab, do you see a warning about ‘extra whitespace’?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Ian
    Participant

Hi David

We have been uploading the copies of the backup files through FTP, not through the site, so that is definitely not the problem.

Anyway, when we copy them locally on the hard drive into the MAMP directory and restore on our offline local server we get exactly the same issue. Out of about 20 sites we’re having the same problems with 5 of them currently.

There is no whitespace warning in the Existing Backups tab.

If you send me a secure email I can give you access to a backup archive for you to install on your dev server to see what we’re talking about. We never experienced this issue before, and have been using Updraft for some time on these same sites.

regards

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Ian,

Please could you open a support ticket here:
    https://updraftplus.com/paid-support-requests/

Replies to support tickets are via email, and are only accessed by our support team.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Error message: Could not extract file from archive’ is closed to new replies.