External SQL dump to allow for specific site restore

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin External SQL dump to allow for specific site restore

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Daragh MacLoughlin
    Participant

Can I import a full database backup to the /updraft directory so I can restore a SPECIFIC site from a multisite install.

As far as I can see, importing the SQL backup only allows me to do a complete restore of the multisite environment but I want to restore just 1 site, like the native updraft database backups allow me to.

Daragh MacLoughlin
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

I’m afraid UpdraftPlus is only able to restore a sub-site if it is within the same network install.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Daragh MacLoughlin
    Participant

Hi

I dont think you understood my question.

The Mysql dump I’m importing is from the same multisite network – just generated manually via the CLI. I am asking if you can split 1 site from this imported mysql dump rather than having to restore the whole lot via updraftplus? UDP allows you to restore 1 specific site if using native updraft backups.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

I’m afraid that it is not possible to select a single sub-site to restore from an external database backup in the same manner as restoring an UpdraftPlus backup.
    The UpdraftPlus multi-site backup includes additional metadata which documents the site structure in the database backup.

However, you can adjust the external backup to only include the sub-site you wish to restore. If the database backup file only includes the tables for the sub-site, then restoring the backup will only affect the sub-site (i.e. UpdraftPlus will only restore what is contained in the backup file/database dump)

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘External SQL dump to allow for specific site restore’ is closed to new replies.