Failure to restore

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay. I’m going to chase this up with our development team.

If possible, please could anyone who has experienced this issue send us a copy of any restoration log from a failed restoration in a new support ticket?
    Please could you ask for the tickets to be assigned to Dee in the ticket description?

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Mark
    Participant

FAO Dee,
    The problem with this thread is that the critical failure occurs while processing the database file. Once it hits the problem the installation fails and WordPress is no longer responsive. So it is not possible to get the logs. The link does not work or respond. The only way out of the problem is reinstall wordpress again and start again. But I cannot emphasise enough this is very serious problem for anyone relying on Updraftplus. I can set up a failed site for you so you can see for yourself. However I thought I had already done that for Updraftplus support staff. It was passed over to the development staff some weeks back. What has happened here? Did this problem fall down the cracks!

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Our developers have investigated the issue, and believe that this error is caused by a conflict with another plugin.

Please could you check your WordPress installation for the ‘Search and Replace’ (https://wordpress.org/plugins/search-and-replace/) plugin, and deactivate/remove this plugin before migrating?

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Mark
    Participant

Dee,
    I can confirm that on ALL of the sites I manage (130 of them) I do not use this plugin at all. So if there is a conflict with this one, it is not the reason I have several failing sites. I am not convinced it is a plugin conflict related problem, other than it is associated with Updraftplus. The earlier person from Tech Support at Updraftplus had identified the problem to something within the database itself. A null value, or missing value where one might be expected. It affected the processing of the database file. I can also confirm that while trying to debug the problem, I did use another tool to install the database, and that too failed but failed gracefully. So again it points to something in the database. However I also know that a complete site can be migrated using duplicator, so it is probably the way Updraftplus handles the database search and replace.

If it helps you all to get to the bottom of this (it has been way too long for a critical bug) then I can set up a site ready to install a set of files which will fail. Then you can have a dig around to see why. That was where I got to around 3 weeks ago.

Mark
    Participant

FAO Dee,
    I have just moved another site and noticed that Updraftplus has changed. I like the new interface, that is good, because you can see the steps and what it is doing a bit clearer now. I moved a site which worked fine. The site btw is similar to others that have experienced problems. I used the database search and replace in Updraftplus and it came back with a fatal error. Similar to the ones I have seen that completely trashed the site. In this case it recovered and reported it. I am pretty sure it was this problem that was formerly crashing sites. It indicates a recursive function in one or the Updraftplus modules. Here is the error message: Note the problem occurs in wp_options table. “Cannot access empty property.”

…………..
    Search and replacing table: wp_options: rows: 390
    A PHP fatal error (Error) has occurred: Cannot access empty property
    Search and replacing table: wp_postmeta: rows: 17
    Search and replacing table: wp_posts: rows: 597
    Search and replacing table: wp_term_relationships: rows: 222
    Search and replacing table: wp_term_taxonomy: rows: 16
    Search and replacing table: wp_termmeta: rows: 0
    Search and replacing table: wp_terms: rows: 16
    Search and replacing table: wp_usermeta: rows: 62
    Search and replacing table: wp_users: rows: 3
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfblockediplog: rows: 1
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfblocks7: rows: 0
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfconfig: rows: 252
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfcrawlers: rows: 11
    Search and replacing table: wp_wffilechanges: rows: 0
    Search and replacing table: wp_wffilemods: rows: 7754
    Searching and replacing reached row: 5000
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfhits: rows: 1601
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfhoover: rows: 0
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfissues: rows: 2
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfknownfilelist: rows: 7754
    Searching and replacing reached row: 5000
    Search and replacing table: wp_wflivetraffichuman: rows: 5
    Search and replacing table: wp_wflocs: rows: 1
    Search and replacing table: wp_wflogins: rows: 11
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfnotifications: rows: 19
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfpendingissues: rows: 0
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfreversecache: rows: 3
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfsnipcache: rows: 0
    Search and replacing table: wp_wfstatus: rows: 949
    Search and replacing table: wp_wftrafficrates: rows: 1
    Error:
    A PHP Fatal error (recoverable, Error) occurred during the recursive search/replace. Exception message: Error message: Cannot access empty property (Code: 0, line 1671 in /home/sites/6a/f/fc4cad1ff5/public_html/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/addons/migrator.php)
    Tables examined: 66
    Rows examined: 19987
    Changes made: 0
    SQL update commands run: 0
    Errors: 1
    Time taken (seconds): 1.151

The version of Updraftplus that I was using was: 2.16.17.24 I think that is the latest version.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Mark,

Please could you open a new support ticket via the support form, and ask for the ticket to be assigned to me in the issue description?

If possible, please could you include access to a test site? I’m afraid that we have not been able to recreated the issue.
    The issue appears to be linked to a specific environment.

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • The topic ‘Failure to restore’ is closed to new replies.