Fix backup time only for time?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    De_baat
    Participant

First thanks for the great set of add-ons.

And next a question on the “Fix backup time” add-on.

After installing this add-on, I see an additional entry field on the UpdraftPlus settings page where I can change the time a backup should start. This works fine, especially for daily backups.
    However, I would also like to be able to specify which day (of the week, month?) the backup should take place.
    The available options could depend on the setting for the backup frequency, i.e. weekly or monthly, etc.

Any thoughts on this? Or maybe suggestions on how to achieve this purpose otherwise?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Thanks for the purchase!

Yes, you’re right…. this needs doing, but in the mean-time there is a cunning work-around,,,

Note the implications of the wording “starting from next time it is “. So, if you want your backups to run weekly, on Tuesday 03:00, then just save the setting any time on *Monday* after 03:00. i.e. If on Monday evening you set it to 03:00, then after that it will always run on Tuesday 03:00.

David

De_baat
    Participant

Hmmm…
    Its so easy, I’m ashamed I didn’t think of this myself.
    Thanks!

udadmin
    Keymaster

No problem! The next release, due out next week, will have a day-of-the-week selector for weekly/fortnightly/monthly backups. :-)

David

De_baat
    Participant

Just updated the plugin and saw the new feature.
    Exactly as I would think it should be.
    Thanks again for this quick reply!

udadmin
    Keymaster

Thank you – you’re welcome!

David

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Fix backup time only for time?’ is closed to new replies.