FTP / Local directories browse select option

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin FTP / Local directories browse select option

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    KK
    Participant

Hi,

Today i was trying to backup a site from godaday to hawkhost and i tried for hours and finally gave up going with ftp as each time i was getting failure that we are connected but can not create file along with a php message.

I tried all the combination without any luck and went with the manual transfer.

Secondly to exclude a directory was also a problem and i need to learn how to add the directory names with wild cards to help me in future.

I was wondering if it is possible to add a ftp browse feature so we can select the folder from there instead of hit and trial basis and same goes with the local storage?

Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Karim,

Quote:
    Today i was trying to backup a site from godaday to hawkhost and i tried for hours and finally gave up going with ftp as each time i was getting failure that we are connected but can not create file along with a php message.

This most likely means that the FTP connection is partially firewalled (in particular, the control connection is not firewalled, but the data connection is firewalled). We’ve seen this a few times with GoDaddy. If they can’t open the firewall ports, then you might get success by going into UD’s “expert” settings and turning off SSL. Or use Dropbox!!

David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘FTP / Local directories browse select option’ is closed to new replies.