Full page mirror on S3

Tagged: ,

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    info2964
    Participant

hi,
    how can i make a full mirror on s3? not compressed/zipped files, a complete upload file by file that it’s accessable on the bucket.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

UpdraftPlus is not a tool in that sort of territory. UpdraftPlus is for backing up for the purpose of site recovery… it doesn’t have any ‘interest’ in the area of cloning page output.

David

info2964
    Participant

well, it shoudn’t clone the output. i just want to disable the zipping and upload the files one by one – no archive

info2964
    Participant

UpdraftPlus : Migrate a WordPress site to a different location.
    You’ve got it Import a backup into a different site, including database search-and-replace. Ideal for development and testing and cloning of sites.

thats why i bought it. clobe to s3. if thats not possible i’d like to get a refund and cancel the payment. thats scam.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

Your question makes no sense, because WordPress pages are not “files” that can be copied somewhere (rather, they are CMS pages output on-the-fly from a database), and Amazon S3 is not a CMS hosting platform that can run WordPress. UpdraftPlus *can* clone a WordPress site onto Amazon’s actual hosting platform, EC2…. and it can create a backup of a WordPress site onto Amazon’s object storage platform (S3). But it sounds like you are confusing the two Amazon services.

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Full page mirror on S3’ is closed to new replies.