How to make a backup for a customer without the Updraft Data database?

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin How to make a backup for a customer without the Updraft Data database?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Baaden
    Participant

Hi all!

I have the following problem. A customer wants to move to another provider and wants to get a backup of his WordPress installation.

How can I do it best that there are no license data from UpdraftPlus included. These are as far as I know in the database. Is it enough if you simply remove the connection to updraftplus before the last backup?

Kind regards

Joerg

Bryle Crodua

Hi Joerge,

What I understand is you want to remove the licence from your customer site? Is that correct?

If so, we just need to remove the site from your licences. They can restore the backup but the plugin will no longer receive updates.

Regards,
    Bryle

Baaden
    Participant

Ok, thank you, I think this is ok.

But in the Database there are all still all ! my other registred sites there with the full domain name. How can I delete this from database. I dont want that the customers is knowing about that.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Baaden,

Other registered sites are in your database? What version of UpdraftPlus are you running? Can you show us what the data looks like? (Please do redact anything sensitive).

Here is how to reset licences: https://updraftplus.com/self-service-licence-resets/

David

Baaden
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Baaden
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

If you manually delete that transient, does it come back? How many years has that site been active? (That data hasn’t been sent out in responses from the licence server for a few years, AFAIK).

David

Baaden
    Participant

Hi, yes, this is an “old” customer, after deleting the options in backend and manualy deleting the string from database this was deleted and did not come again.

KInd regards

Joerg

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘How to make a backup for a customer without the Updraft Data database?’ is closed to new replies.