How to set up Google Drive subfolders (premium customer)

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin How to set up Google Drive subfolders (premium customer)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jamie
    Participant

Hi there,

I have been a long time premium customer. I currently backup all my files to Google drive, which are currently going to the “Updraft” folder on my Google Drive.

I have been trying to configure it to go to a subfolder, ie “Updraft/SITENAME”

However, when I do this, it’s creating in my Google Drive root folder “Updraft Sitename” plus several other folders “Updraft Sitename (1)”, “Updraft Sitename (2)” etc.

Is there something I’m missing, or do I need a particular plugin in addition to the main updraftplus one?

Thanks

Jamie

Bryle Crodua

Hi Jamie,

Please can you send us a screenshot of your UpdraftPlus Google Drive sub-folder setting?
    You can mark your reply as “private” here.

You can also check this thread which I think is also related to the problem you are experiencing.

Add-Ons?

Thanks,
    Bryle

Jamie
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

Thanks for the quick response. I read that other thread, and tried to use \ instead of / in the folder path, bit it’s still doing the same thing, making a folder in the root instead of a subfolder.

I’m using Version: 2.16.21.24

I’ve tried with paths like

Updraft\SITENAME

and

Updraft/SITENAME

But with both,

it’s creating a folder in the root called “Updraft SITENAME” which contains the plugins and theme zips, and then “Updraft SITENAME (1)” at the same time and putting in the database, others, uploads and wp core into this folder.

Is there something special I need to do to get this working with Google Drive?

Thanks

Jamie

Jamie
    Participant

Actually, I think I’ve resolved this.

When I had spaces in the folder name, ie “Updraft/SITE NAME” it was causing the issue I reported.

However if I lose the spaces in the subfolder name, ie Updraft/SITENAME it’s properly putting all files into the right folder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘How to set up Google Drive subfolders (premium customer)’ is closed to new replies.