I want to update updraft and delete old back ups

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin I want to update updraft and delete old back ups

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Caroline Howell
    Participant

I want to update updraft plus but it won’t let me. it tries to do an automatic back up first then fails. I’m thinking I need to delete old back ups but I don’t know how or even where they are?. Maybe there are too many back ups and there’s no space? Any way I am completely stuck because I don’t want to update any other plugins on the website until I have a decent back up of the site.

I’m not technical in any shape or form so the response needs to be laywomen’s language.

Thank you

Caroline Howell
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Caroline Howell
    Participant

sorry – I can’t see a link in paste bin

Caroline Howell
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Caroline Howell
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

The log shows:
    “0004.859 (0) UpdraftPlus Vault: Error: Quota exhausted (used=1073237226, total=1073741824, needed=10643190)”

It appears that your UpdraftVault is already full. Please make sure that there is more than enough space for new backups on your Vault.

And also could you try to reduce the backup archive split size. This will split the backup into smaller, more manageable files.

To do this, open the ‘expert settings’ section of the UpdraftPlus Settings tab, and find the ‘split backups every’ option. Set this to 25Mb save your settings and run a new process.

If the issue persists, please ask your hosts/server admin to investigate their PHP error logs. These logs should contain more information on the exact issue that is causing the backup process to halt.

You can check this video on how to split archive here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6yuXojgUBY.

Regards,
    Bryle

Caroline Howell
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

“0003.283 (0) UpdraftPlus Vault: Quota is available: used=1069270955 (1019.7 MB), total=1073741824 (1024 MB), needed=246164 (0.2 MB)”
    It can’t complete the process as the UpdraftVault storage space quota has been reached.
    Can you please delete some old backups? Once done, attempt another backup.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘I want to update updraft and delete old back ups’ is closed to new replies.