If I migrate or restore a website, how likely is that something is missing?

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin If I migrate or restore a website, how likely is that something is missing?

Tagged: ,

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Florian
    Participant

My website has a couple hundred pages which each contain many different code snippets (formatted to be readable for programming tutorials, not code that adds functionality).
    I want to make sure that my backup works properly, so I created a local WordPress installation with XAMPP (I’ve never done that before and I am a total noob) and then used your Migrator plugin to copy my website.
    It looks like everything worked properly besides a few plugins (this is probably because they are paid and need to be verified).

Now, I couldn’t look at every single page and check if everything is still there, so my question is:
    If the migration seemed to work on the first glance, how likely is it that on single pages there is something missing? Maybe a piece of text here and there? Are these backups always 100% complete?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

The way that content on the site (posts/pages) is restored (either during a normal restore or a migration) means that it is very unlikely that snippets of content will be missing. If the database restoration did not complete correctly, entire pages/posts will be missing.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Florian
    Participant

Thank you. I think I will keep it like that and maybe from time to time make a quick check with the Migrator tool!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘If I migrate or restore a website, how likely is that something is missing?’ is closed to new replies.