Incremental backup files did not restore

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Incremental backup files did not restore

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    David Borrink
    Participant

Hi, I just had to restore a site after a plug-in update caused a fatal error. I made an incremental backup right before I did the update attempts. When running the restoration, I was given the choice to choose the incremental time and did. It took a couple runs to complete the restore (there was a failure with a message that the restore was not completed completely when I visited the back-end, so I clicked to continue and the unpacking process window did it’s routine again. I have my backups files go to Amazon S3 and I was able to verify that four files were uploaded from the incremental backup and I have those zip files. They do exist.

The restored site lists that incremental backup in the Updraft page. Why didn’t it restore my files from the increment? Do I need to run a full restore again, or is the system able to take the four files “others2”, “plugins2”, “themes2”, and “uploads39” and add them back in. Am I able to upload them or does that not work. It takes a long time to run a restore due to the large number of product upload files. I’ll do it if I have to but I’m wondering there is the option to just upload the four “missing” files to the file upload spot in Updraft and it will automatically “fix” the situation.

David Borrink
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    David Borrink
    Participant

The issue is that there are two posts written this morning that appear “lost” because the incremental backup is supposed to have them, I assume. The previous backup was a full site backup done overnight and that’s what appears to be restored. I’m looking through the four folders of the incremental backup files and I’m seeing all the images that were uploaded for one of the posts, but not anything that leads me to believe the written post and the database info is in there.

David Borrink
    Participant

Okay, I see what I didn’t get. There is no database backup on an incremental backup. One has to manually choose that in addition to the incremental backup. I didn’t realize that about incremental backups. Well, now I know. Fortunately the lost information isn’t too complicated to recreate.

Bryle Crodua

Hi David,

Yes, I am afraid that incremental backups only applies to files.
    Glad you were able to recreate what was lost.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Incremental backup files did not restore’ is closed to new replies.