index of / comes up instead of website

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin index of / comes up instead of website

Tagged: 

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jrpjazz
    Participant

Hello,
    I just migrated my site. When I try to access the site without adding the “www.” to my browser’s address field I see a white page that says “index of /”.
    Why is it necessary to write www. in the address field of my browser to find the site when prior to the migration it didn’t need it?
    The site is claiddp.org but writing that into the browser’s address field doesn’t direct me to the website.
    Thanks in advance.
    James

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    You can send the log file as an attachment or copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

jrpjazz
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Sorry, the log is for the backup.

The migration log can be obtained via FTP and can be found in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

The migration log can be obtained via FTP and can be found in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

jrpjazz
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi James,

Glad it is resolved.

Please let us know if there is anything else we can help.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘index of / comes up instead of website’ is closed to new replies.