Latest Google Drive Add-On (Sep 2017)

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Latest Google Drive Add-On (Sep 2017)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shane
    Participant

Hi – It appears that the latest Google Drive Add-On with the latest release (Version: 2.13.7.21) is no longer associating the backup installation with the Google account API Project.

This may seem ‘easier’ for most people since you now authenticate via Google through UpdraftPlus giving you guys access to the account that contains the Google Drive backups. I personally do not like this method and would like to move back to how it use to work. Can you provide the original Google Drive Add-On as a separate, more technical, add-on or something?

I just thought about this as well, but if/when my premium support expires, it will more than likely leave all my site backups up in limbo since they are being authenticated through UpdraftPlus first. In other words, if I no longer want updates and no longer want support, then I’m now vulnerable to UpdraftPlus/Simba Hosting cutting off my access.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

You can use your own app if you prefer by adding this in wp-config.php:

define('UPDRAFTPLUS_CUSTOM_GOOGLEDRIVE_APP', true);

N.B. There is no question of access to the Google authentication process being tied to an active UpdraftPlus support entitlement. Google Drive is part of the free version, and there are no checks in the auth server as to who is authorising (no request for your updraftplus.com username, nor do you even need to have one), or what they might have bought. Of course, theoretically, we could decide that we personally dislike you, but then, so could Google, and you’ll not want to install UpdraftPlus to begin with if you think that’s a real concern! :-)

David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Latest Google Drive Add-On (Sep 2017)’ is closed to new replies.