Localhost multisite backup domain pointing issues

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Localhost multisite backup domain pointing issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bretta
    Participant

I’ve done the steps to upload a multisite backup I took from a live server to my localhost on my computer. It only kinda worked, as I at least have the initial main site on my computer (with some files I have to do) but when I go to the dropdown to select any of the other 10 sites in the network it directly links to the live site. There IS a domain mapping plugin on the site that I have deactivated but it doesn’t seem to have changed anything. What other additional steps d I have to do to get my network of sites linked through my localhost?

I’m no programmer but I do know my way around phpMyAdmin, the backend wordpress files and such.

I believe it will have to do soemthing with changing where the domain(s) is pointing in the database?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the restoration log?
    This can be found in the wp-content/updraft directory of the new site.

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the links here.

You can also use the ‘search and replace database’ tool in the Advanced Tools tab. This can be used to search for URLs/domains and replace all instances.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Localhost multisite backup domain pointing issues’ is closed to new replies.