Locked out…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard
    Participant

Hi,
    Upon updating to the latest version, I set a password for all my WordPress sites (great feature by the way).
    It’s worked perfectly, tested it, even with 1-hour expiry the next day all my sites requested passwords, perfect.

Today, since another minor update I’m now locked out of them all.
    I use a password manager, so never type passwords.
    Additionally, in MySQL I can clearly see my set password – it’s not wrong, I even copy&paste in case of some odd character set change, so I’m having to change it via MySQL, oddly if I re-type the same password in, it refuses to work.
    So I’m having to do this on all my sites (setting password as “123”), and resetting my password back to what it was once more via the admin control panel.

The entry in each looks as follows:
    a:3:{s:8:”password”;s:8:”MYPASSWORD”;s:14:”session_length”;i:3600;s:11:”support_url”;s:13:”https://MYDOMAIN.uk”;}

Any idea why I’m now locked out?
    I can see from your FAQ how to fix this, but on 20+ sites all happening at once is a pain.

Richard
    Participant

update: I’ve noticed one SOME of my installations the password field is input=”password” whereas, others are input=”text”
    i.e. I could see my password as I entered it, and of course the browser remembers it.
    Whereas, “password” fields show dots, and don’t store locally.

Same versions: 1.9.42.19, and same hosting etc. Why the inconsistency on that input field I wonder?
    I wonder if you’ve changed something that perhaps hasn’t updated fully on mine.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

Apologies – that’s a bug in UpdraftPlus 1.9.42. We’ve just released an update (1.9.43) to fix it. If you update, then all should be well.

Another way to disable the ‘lock admin’ feature is by adding this to your wp-config.php:

define('UPDRAFTPLUS_NOADMINLOCK', true);

Best wishes,
    David

Richard
    Participant

Nice one David.
    There wasn’t an update available an hour or so ago – but I see all my sites now giving me the option for an update, first site updated indeed fixes it.

many thanks.
    Richard

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Richard,

Great – glad to hear it’s working!

David

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Locked out…’ is closed to new replies.