ManageWP and backup before plugin update

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin ManageWP and backup before plugin update

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    k5
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I currently use UpdraftPlus Premium for some of my clients websites. The backups are created automatically once a day.

When I do a plugin update in the WP backend of a website, are always choose the option “Automatically backup (where relevant) plugins, themes and the WordPress database with UpdraftPlus before updating” and check the box “Remember this choice for next time …”

Now I did an plugin update from the ManageWP dashboard and assumed, that UpdraftPlus will create a backup of the plugins automatically.

Which was not the case.

Does this not work in general, or did I do something wrong?

Thank you in advance for your answer!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Can you check if the backup before update option is ticked? This can be found in the “Settings” tab > “Show expert settings” > ‘UpdraftPlus Automatic Backups:’.

Regards,
    Bryle

k5
    Participant

Hello Bryle,

Thank you for your quick reply.

Yes, the checkbox is ticked.

I wonder what the difference is between a) a manual update by clicking the update link in WP backend and b) the updates that are triggered by the worker plugin (the ManageWP plugin)?

Any other ideas?

Cheers!
    Karsten

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Karsten,

Unfortunately, we don’t know the answer to that question; as a third-party creation, we don’t know what the ManageWP plugin gets up to, internally. The best way to get a good answer would be to ask its authors.

David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘ManageWP and backup before plugin update’ is closed to new replies.