Manually restore database with GoDaddy hosting

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Manually restore database with GoDaddy hosting

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Daniel
    Participant

I was unable to restore our site (brierdunn.com) via the WP Admin console, so proceeded with the 3 steps for manual restoration found here.

I skipped step 1 (Unpack a fresh copy of WordPress), since it seemed unnecessary.

I was able to complete step 2 (Unpack the plugins / uploads / etc.).

Now I’m stuck on step 3 (Import your database). When I try to import the database file via phpMyAdmin in our GoDaddy hosting account, I get the error:

“You attempted to load file with unsupported compression (application/gzip). Either support for it is not implemented or disabled by your configuration.”

I tried renaming the database file to include the pattern “sql.gz,” but it still fails with the same error message.

I’m at a loss on how to fix this and our site is currently down as a result.

Thanks in advance for your help!
    Dan

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Daniel,

It appears that your hosts have disabled GZIP support in phpMyAdmin.

phpMyAdmin should be able to support ZIP uploads. You can do this by unpacking the Database backup file (using a good zipping utility such as 7-zip), then zipping the contents as a ZIP file.
    You should then be able to import the file into phpMyAdmin.

Best Wishes,
    David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Manually restore database with GoDaddy hosting’ is closed to new replies.