Migrate new site to pld site but don't overwrite orders and posts

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migrate new site to pld site but don't overwrite orders and posts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    michal2
    Participant

Hello,

Currently our theme developer released an all-new version of their theme. It is no longer based on Page Puilder by WPBakery, instead they use Elementor. Given that we’ll have to upgrade sooner or later, I have started tinkering with the new theme. To do this, I have used Migration tool that’s in the Premium version of UpDraft Plus.

I am a bit worried tho about how to push new site to old site: I’ll have to change theme settings and pages’ contents obviously on the testing (new) site but when I’ll be ready to restore them to old site, I would not like to have POSTS and ORDERS (WooCommerce) overwritten.

Is there an easy way to do it?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

There is a way to exclude certain database tables from a backup (including a migration).
    In the backup pop-up, when selecting what sections to include, click the ‘…’ next to database. This will allow you to disable backup of specific tables.
    In this case, you would need to exclude the ‘posts’, ‘postmeta’, ‘users’, ‘usermeta’ and any woocommerce tables.

However, please not that this means that you will not be able to migrate ANY content changes (including pages, posts and custom post types such as orders).
    As such, we would not recommend the Migrator as the best option in this case (It is better suited to full migrations).

We would also strongly recommend taking a backup of the destination site before any migration takes place.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrate new site to pld site but don't overwrite orders and posts’ is closed to new replies.