migrate site built with ThriveArchitect

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin migrate site built with ThriveArchitect

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by udadmin.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Performance Marketing Heim AB
    Participant

Hi there.

I need to be able to migrate a site that I built with ThriveArchitect. Here’s the situation:

When migrating the site using UpdraftPlus onto a new domain, all seems to work fine, except the images. Some images are displayed, some not. Maybe the search and replace fails?

Is there a solution for this?

Thank you for answers in advanced.

Performance Marketing Heim AB
    Participant

Oh, I am now unsure if I posted this question in the correct forum.. do I still get support or has it already expired?

mike165
    Participant

OK Caroline I hate to tell you this because I absolutely LOVE UpdraftPlus for backing up and restoring my sites.

However, it is not very good for migrating. I have just migrated my wife site which is built using ThriveApprentice so we are in the same family.

I spent SIX days trying all kinds of ways to get it to migrate over successfully to no avail. This was about a week to a week and a half ago, so your timing is perfect.

Finally, I saw a post where someone else was having the same problem and suggested using a plugin called “all-in-one-wp-migration”. The plugin cost about $69 but I was able to migrate a 12GB site from beginning to end within 2 hours.

IT IS WELL WORTH THE EXPENSE SO GO FOR IT!

The problem with the missing images using UpdraftPlus is that they probably was not successfully loaded into the Media Library and the ones you saw were actually looking at your source site where the URL was not changed.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Caroline,

Yes, here is a place for support. Please can you post the migration log file? To get this, use FTP or your cPanel file manager to go into the directory ‘wp-content/updraft’ for the website, and find the log file in there. You can paste it here, or use something like pastebin.com.

David

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘migrate site built with ThriveArchitect’ is closed to new replies.