migrate site with new wordpress version?

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin migrate site with new wordpress version?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Dave
    Participant

Hello –

I am using the migration tool to create/handle staging environments. The first thing I wanted to test was a simple upgrade to wordpress, i.e a new wordpress version. When I tried to migrate that to the staging site, I got a warning saying that the target site didn’t match the version of the original site, and that it may not work. Sure enough, I saw some problems.

Is there a way to handle this kind of thing??

thanks!

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Dave,

If you want to restore to the same WordPress version as the site was created on, you can either:

1) Install that version of WordPress (you can get any version from: https://wordpress.org/download/release-archive/ ), and import your backup into that

or

2) Include WordPress core in your backup operation, so that it is part of what is restored when you restore. (Tick the checkbox for WordPress core in the settings – this assumes that you’re on UpdraftPlus Premium or have the “More Files” option and thus have that option available).

Best wishes,
    David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘migrate site with new wordpress version?’ is closed to new replies.