Migrate to same location/different domain name

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migrate to same location/different domain name

Tagged: 

• This topic has 3 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Bryle Crodua.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cbailey
    Participant

Hello,

I am attempting to migrate to the same server but with a changed domain name and no matter what I do I keep having issues with the images in the media library loaded once I change the Site Name. I was hoping UpDraft Migrate would do the trick but it’s the same problem.

If I change the Site Name back to the old domain name everything is fine. Any ideas what is going wrong?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    You can use an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ ) and copy the link here.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

cbailey
    Participant

Hi Support,

I was able to create a new folder with a new WordPress instance and do a migrate without issue. I just pointed my dns to the new location and everything is good. I wasn’t able to achieve that on the same WordPress instance that I had done my backup… change the WordPress Site Name and then restore.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Great! Glad you were able to migrate your site successfully now.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrate to same location/different domain name’ is closed to new replies.