migrated wordpress site, but cant log in

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin migrated wordpress site, but cant log in

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    John.harris1
    User

The migration succeeded, but now I can not log into the migrated site.

Old Site: http://www.langea.org
    New Site: http://www.langea-test.org

Any ideas?

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi John,

The migration includes the database, and the database includes the list of users and passwords… so you need to make sure that you’re logging in with the credentials of the old site (those of the new one will have been overwritten by the migration operation). Are you doing that?

David

bpiana
    Participant

I am having the same issue. Copied a site to a different location, and when I logged in with my old credentials, it gave me a single message: “You do not have sufficient permissions to access this page.” I switched to the wp-login page using the address bar and logged out, then changed my password, logged back in and was greeted with the same message. Why wouldn’t I have permissions via my admin account? What would have possibly shifted in the move?

Any prompt assistance would be greatly appreciated.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the purchase. You’ve got a different issue there… if it accepts your login credentials (i.e. doesn’t tell you that you entered the wrong username/password), but then gives you that message, then it’s something else.

The issue you have indicates missing entries in the user and usermeta tables when a change of table prefix occurs (i.e. different table prefix on the old and new sites). This should not happen – UD has code to change the entries in those tables to reflect the new prefix. Would you be able to share with us the backup files (i.e. those created by UD on the site you’re migrating *from*), so that we can test out a migration using them? If you can, then please share them with [email protected] (e.g. share a Dropbox folder, or a Google Drive folder, or use some other method if you have one).

David

bpiana
    Participant

Sure, David. Thanks for the response. My files were backed up to DropBox, and they are the ones I used to restore to the other server. I will email it to the address you sent.

Thanks for looking into this!

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

I’ve got the files now. I will take a look and get back to you.

David

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Brian,

This migration worked fine for me… I don’t know your password of course, so had to reset it after migrating (I ran the SQL command: update wp_users set user_pass=MD5(‘password’) WHERE ID=1;). But it let me log in and I did not receive any errors; both front and back-ends were fine.

So…
    a) Try again – it may work this time, but…
    b) … if it doesn’t, then make sure to copy-and-paste the output of the screen on which the restoration happens. If the same failure occurs, then please email that to me ([email protected]).

David

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘migrated wordpress site, but cant log in’ is closed to new replies.