:Migrating: Must receiving site must have same WP version?

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin :Migrating: Must receiving site must have same WP version?

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    send2ds
    Participant

Do you want admin access to the destination site? Is a private reply here the way to go?

How should I share the backups? They total about 800MB.

Thanks, Bryle.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Yes, I need admin access on your website and yes please mark your reply as private.

Are you able to upload to a cloud storage and share the link with me? If the backups are stored on your server then no need to share it, I can just access from your website.

Thanks,
    Bryle

send2ds
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

The issue is possibly due to incomplete migration.

I would suggest doing a test first by creating a subdomain and migrate over the main domain. If you still get the same issue, please create a test site for me so I can test it too.

Thanks,
    Bryle

send2ds
    Participant

Bryle,

I set up the subdomain with a fresh WP install, uploaded/activated Updraft Premium plugin, and manually downloaded/uploaded the backup files via the respective server cPanels. I rescanned the local backup folder on destination and it shows a complete backup set in three groupings: “database & plugins”, “themes”, and “Uploads & others”.

How do I go thru the restore process when I can only restore one discrete set of the three at a time?

Thank you.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

First restore Plugins > Themes > Uploads > Others and at the end restore the database.

Let us know if above method helps to fix the issue.

Regards,
    Bryle

send2ds
    Participant

Bryle,

The update succeeded following your instructions. There was a minor php difference warning (originating: 7.4, destination 7.2.34) and a database collation difference (originating: utf8mb4_unicode_520_ci, destination <I chose>: utf8mb4_general_ci). But all looks well.

So now I have a successful migration to a subdomain whose main domain, that has an unresponsive Updraft plugin, I want to replace with subdomain data. How to proceed?

Delete and reinstall the Updraft plugin on the new destination?

In any event, what is the best way to proceed given the difficulties with the main domain’s WP install?

Thank you.

don

Bryle Crodua

Hi Don,

“unresponsive Updraft plugin”
    > You can re-install UpdraftPlus plugin. Just follow our installation guide here

When migrating a website using UpdraftPlus all old domain URL should be automatically replaced with the new domain URL.

Thanks,
    Bryle

send2ds
    Participant

I should have been more detailed with my question. I’m still working on getting the new Updraft plugin working on the destination site. When that is done, the destination site will likely not have any plugins activated except the Updraft plugin, and the theme will be a default WP theme. What I want to know is, what is the most efficient, error-free way to migrate from the subdomain to the main domain (destination site)? Download/upload via cPanel or go via Updraft plugins?

Remember, this is an 800 MB site that got stalled using the Updraft plugin method initially (although that may have been because of a javascript error in the destination site).

I just want to keep problems to a minimum because I’ll be stuck with a dead site if migration glitches arise.

Thank you.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

You can actually use any methods that you like – any method will do.

“Remember, this is an 800 MB site that got stalled using the Updraft plugin method initially”
    > If the restoration is stalled, try restoring the components one by one. One of the most common reason to this is due to low server resources.
    > To do this, start restoring with the uploads, themes, plugins, other and restore the database last.

Regards,
    Bryle

send2ds
    Participant

Success, Bryle

I moved the staging site files “manually” via cPanel, turned off the offending theme, updated the PHP version and followed your restore order. All went well. Just a few minor errors with plugin updates but nothing to worry about. One plugin I turned off, the other I was needed but not for the function that was causing the errors. Elementor stuff. Site works fine.

Many thanks for your help.

don

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Great! Glad you have successfully moved the site.

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • The topic ‘:Migrating: Must receiving site must have same WP version?’ is closed to new replies.