Migrating new built wordpress to existing wordpress/static combo url where blog content is stored

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migrating new built wordpress to existing wordpress/static combo url where blog content is stored

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Elton
    User

I built my new site on wordpress framework on a new domain and server.. This new site is built using u-design theme and has no blog content but many static pages. I need to move the files over from the new domain to my original domain. The original domain is a static site with an attached wordpress blog. I aim to replace the static site but don’t want to lose the blog content that I have created. I want every other aspect of the new build to take over the old domain. What different steps should I take to accomplish this? Both sites are on linux servers with GoDaddy.Thanks

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Elton,

Is this a question about merging contents from two separate sites? If so, then that’s not possible in UD. UD handles full replicas and clones, but not merging (and neither does any other backup plugin I’m aware of).

If it’s just the content of particular posts of pages that you want to merge, then there are built-in tools in WP for that; take a look at: https://codex.wordpress.org/Tools_Export_Screen

David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrating new built wordpress to existing wordpress/static combo url where blog content is stored’ is closed to new replies.