Migrating to a new host

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ed Richardson
    Participant

Hi there,

I’m using Updraft to Migrate to a new hosting platform.

I had purchased the Migrate extension, but I’m now actually performing this semi-manually, but running into an error.

The site I’m migrating a live production site. I’ve backed all of the site up and then downloaded all of the individual backup files (DB, Uploads, Themes, Plugins, Other). Then FTP these over to the new host into /wp-content/updraft. I’d already installed a new version of WordPress on the new host and the Updraft plugin.

Updraft recognises the backup files, I can select all and then “Restore”, however I now receive the following error almost immediately:

updraft_send_command: error: error ()

I’ve searched other errors of a similar nature, but they all seem to relate to using the “key” method of migration, which I couldn’t get to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks,

Ed

Ed Richardson
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi Ed,

The usual cause of the error you are getting is a timeout in PHP-FPM. Can you consult your web hosting company to check if that is the case, and what they suggest? (What is the timeout? The default is 60 seconds in PHP-FPM; so the server would have to be hugely overloaded for that… so I suspect there is more to it, but the server admin is the person with the access to find out).

Regards,
    Bryle

Ed Richardson
    Participant

Thanks Bryle.

I’m doing this transfer on behalf of a client, so don’t have the usual access I’d want to the tech support at the hosting company. This said, would using the cloud based solution offered at Updraft where the copy is synced to Updraft and then back down to the destination server mitigate against this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Ed

Bryle Crodua

Hi Ed,

I’m afraid that you will get the same result if you do that as it is a server issue.

Can you try to process the restoration one by one? Just make sure you restore the database last.
    Do you still get the same issue if you do that?

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrating to a new host’ is closed to new replies.