Migration and Restore Failure – multiple issues

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migration and Restore Failure – multiple issues

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Simon Pointer
    Participant

Hi Folks

Really need some help here please: I am trying to use the plugin to migrate a demo site to a new live site location. There is an existing WordPress site already on both, and I have the developer version installed on both.

I tried to use the migration tools with a key to directly push the files to the live site and then run the update tool to change the incoming demo site URL to the live domain.

It seemed to push the files ok and I can see a backup named accordingly on the live site.

I have tried to restore from this back to make the new migrated site live, but it seems now I have a mash-up of old and new sites together. I have since tried to restore the original site from a previous back up but this now fails too with a variety of errors:

It can’t delete the old directories and I can’t seem to delete them manually either via FTP – I get 550 file or folder does not exist errors.
    I also get unpacking corruption errors for the zip files when it did try the recovery, but I have also tested unzipping the files manually by downloading them and unzipping them on a local machine and that is fine.

I thought I’d just try to make a manual FTP back up of the current site files and DB and then remove the whole lot and do a manual install from scratch with the new migration files and DB, but I am only getting a 9KB download speed from the server (this is not my server – mine runs at 1.5-2MB download to do the same task), making this virtually impossible.

I have asked the incoming server admins to check everything, to ensure it is running at least PHP v5.5 and that max file limits are set to at least 100MB and they say this is the case.

I am very stuck now. Given what I have tried and all the issues could someone who’s more expert in server admin please let me know if this is likely to be a server issue or something I am doing incorrectly, and give me some pointers on what to do next?

I just want to get the site up and live – it shouldn’t be this hard!

Thanks
    Simon

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Simon,

Please could you send us a copy of any restoration logs from the destination site, which can be found in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory.

Please could you also send us a copy of the backup log? This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab on the original site.

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration and Restore Failure – multiple issues’ is closed to new replies.