Migration error

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    info2805
    Participant

Hi I am having trouble moving my site over to another server. I am trying to move from my GoDaddy site to another server. I get an error message that says “Unexpected response : Security check.

I have a screen capture but there seems to be no way of uploading the file

info2805
    Participant

Ok so I did another backup and then uploaded them to the new site and this is the error message I got:

Restore backup from: Jan 26, 2018 22:16

Retrieving (if necessary) and preparing backup files…

The backup archive files have been processed, but with some errors. You will need to cancel and correct any problems before retrying.

Backup of: https://www.kenneth-green.com (version: 4.8.3)
    Warnings:

The site in this backup was running on a webserver with version 7.1 of PHP. This is significantly newer than the server which you are now restoring onto (version 5.3.3). You should only proceed if you cannot update the current server and are confident (or willing to risk) that your plugins/themes/etc. are compatible with the older PHP version. Any support requests to do with PHP should be raised with your web hosting company.
    This looks like a migration (the backup is from a site with a different address/URL, https://www.kenneth-green.com).
    The database server that this WordPress site is running on doesn’t support the character set (utf8mb4) which you are trying to import. You can choose another suitable character set instead and continue with the restoration at your own risk. Go here for more information. Go here for more information.
    The database server that this WordPress site is running on doesn’t support the collation (utf8mb4_unicode_ci) used in the database which you are trying to import. You can choose another suitable collation instead and continue with the restoration (at your own risk).
    Errors:
    Error: The database backup uses MySQL features not available in the old MySQL version (5.1.73) that this site is running on. You must upgrade MySQL to be able to use this database.

Your chosen character set to use instead: utf8
    Your chosen replacement collation:utf8_unicode_ci
    Database restoration options:
    Search and replace site location in the database (migrate)

I have no idea what is going on here?

KG

Bryle Crodua

Hi KG,

The warning message means that you are migrating your site with an older PHP and MySQL version.

Can you ask your host/server admin if they can make both sites use the same version of PHP and MySQL?

Kind Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration error’ is closed to new replies.