Migration failed – only warnings on top of website

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migration failed – only warnings on top of website

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lutz Berger
    Participant

Hello everyone,

after making a backup from the main homepage to upload it to another homepage using Updraftplus with Migrator to create something like a playground (test-page) to test things out without damaging the main homepage, I now only get these warnings for the test-page:

Warning: “continue” targeting switch is equivalent to “break”. Did you mean to use “continue 2”? in /homepages/21/d73456368/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Playground/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/functions.php on line 4783

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/21/d73456368/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Playground/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/functions.php:4783) in /homepages/21/d73456368/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Playground/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1265

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /homepages/21/d73456368/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Playground/wp-content/themes/Divi/includes/builder/functions.php:4783) in /homepages/21/d73456368/htdocs/clickandbuilds/Playground/wp-includes/pluggable.php on line 1268

I followed the instructions to uploaded the backup on the test-page and now I have no access to the login page via wp-admin.

Because it’s not my website I also have no access to an FTP-Client or the hosting provider.

But I know that the website owner hasn’t yet used an FTP-Client for his homepages.

Can anybody help me with his problem and knows how to fix it?

Sorry for my bad language, it’s not my mother tongue.

Thank you in advance!

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

“after making a backup from the main homepage to upload it to another homepage using Updraftplus with Migrator”

Can you confirm that you only wanted to migrate just the homepage? If so, I’m afraid that is not possible. UpdraftPlus cannot migrate a single page. It can only migrate the entire website from one location to another.

The errors that you are getting also seems to be coming from DIVI theme. Can you show them the error you are getting? See if they can help resolve.

Or if you have a backup of the site, you can restore it back. We have a guide here – https://updraftplus.com/faqs/restore-site-updraftplus/

Regards,
    Bryle

Lutz Berger
    Participant

Hi Bryle,

thank you for your reply.

What I wanted to do was copy one site (via a backup) and use the copy for testing things out (using a different theme, etc).

I thought that I could do this by uploading the backup from the main site to the test site with migrator.

But I don´t want to move the site, so its important that the test-url dont´t change to the main sites url.

I installed the updraftplus plugin with migrator, connected it with ‘your UpdraftPlus.Com account’ and activated the option ‘Migrate a WordPress site to a different location.’.

It was all confirmed, but when I click through ‘restore’ including ‘with Database restoration options:Search and replace site location in the database (migrate)’. At the end it totally crashes the whole site and I only get the previously mentioned errors.

Can you help me with this problem? Where did I go wrong?

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

To help us work out the cause of your problem, can you please send us a copy of the migration log?
    You can find this log in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of your new site location.
    You can send the log file as an attachment or copy the contents into an online tool (such as https://pastebin.com/ )

Best Wishes,
    Bryle

Lutz Berger
    Participant

Hi,

I copied the log before my new test site has also been crushed and I got this log:

https://pastebin.com/mXWqE9yd

I can´t open the normal log under wp-content/updraft because I have no longer access to the site.

All I ever do is create new subdomains (testsite 1,2,3,….) to finally get the migration done as shown in many youtube videos.

But all I get is a broken site.

Can you help me with this log?

Best Whishes

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

The migration log shows that it has successfully completed.
    Do you have any caching or security plugins installed on your source site?

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration failed – only warnings on top of website’ is closed to new replies.