Migration from dev to staging fails for various reasons

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migration from dev to staging fails for various reasons

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mindy Gordon
    Participant

I purchased UpdraftPlus migrator to help me move a site from localhost to a shared hosting site. I followed the steps for the migration but screwed up the encryption key and I guess it’s lost forever unless there’s a way to re-generate a key on the staging site? (question #1)

I then tried to restore on the staging site from a backup on the localhost dev site which backs up to Google Drive. All went well until after the ‘uploads’ folder completed, when I got an upload error saying I needed to change the .htaccess file to increase upload limit. I don’t have a clue how or where to create or change this file. (question #2) Google searches for what to do lead me in circles of confusing/conflicting advice.

I should mention that I’ve attempted this on fresh installs of WP several times. Once I thought I managed to set up a .htaccess file properly and the “uploads” folder actually uploaded but when I went to restore, I received another error “Error data: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Unable to find End of Central Dir Record signature”. After trying to troubleshoot based on the support article on UpdraftPlus, I was sent back in circles to the beginning. I made a fresh backup from the dev site, tried to upload the files on the staging site, and ended up with a .htaccess upload error once more.

My staging site is on godaddy. Screenshots can be provided.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

Please could you send us a copy of the backup log for the migration? This can be found in the UpdraftPlus Existing Backups tab on the original site.

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration from dev to staging fails for various reasons’ is closed to new replies.