Migration Issue

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mike156
    Participant

Bought the migration (developer) plugin.
    Tried to have the files sent via site key – didn’t work.
    Tried to download individual files (db, themes, plugins) but when it get’s to uploads there are multiple groups (uploads, uploads2, uploads3) but they won’t download.

Right now I am trying to send at 4,096 – any other ideas?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you send us a copy of the backup log from the migration? This should be found in the Existing Backups tab.
    The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Do you receive an error message when the uploads fail to download?

Best Wishes,
    David N

mike156
    Participant
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

The log is not showing any errors during the upload to S3.

In the Existing Backups tab, do you see an ‘extra whitespace’ warning?

Please could you try downloading the backup files from S3 directly? These can then be uploaded to the new site via the Existing Backups tab.

Best Wishes,
    David N

mike156
    Participant

Ok, I’ve pulled the files from my S3 and tried to upload them directly – It maxes out my server resources on the 1st file. My host has upped the resources and II still have the problem.

I’ve got the .zip files for the uploads folder but can’t seem to get them to migrate.

What can I try next?
    I’m pulling hair out now!

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Please could you reduce the ‘Split archives every’ option (found in the ‘expert settings’ section of the Settings tab) from 400MB to 100MB, and take a fresh backup?

This will split the backup into smaller, more manageable files. This should allow the server to handle the upload.

Best Wishes,
    David N

mike156
    Participant

Changes made and running the backup now…
    fingers crossed.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration Issue’ is closed to new replies.