Migration plugin

Tagged: 

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Sergi
    Participant

Recently bought this add-on for a new site. The old site has old updraftplus free version and I installed the new one with migration-plugin inside. As I used to save my backups on gdrive, I created a key on the destination site. Now, I would like to migrate my site but do I need to delete my free version and reinstall the plugin-inside version on the original site too? I’m afraid I could lose all my data… thanks

Sergi
    Participant

Well, after all I decided to delete the original updraftplus and uploaded the new plugin-extension one.

Now, I create a key to migrate and then I write it down in the original site as It’s seen in the instructions. Unfortunately, the site says “Unexpected response: Error: Unexpected HTTP response code (503) (unexpected_http_code). You should check that the remote site is online, not firewalled, does not have security modules that may be blocking access, has UpdraftPlus version 2.10.3 or later active and that the keys have been entered correctly.”

I know I could download it from gdrive and upload it in the second site, but the backup is greater than 3GB and I can’t upload such files directly on my internet provider -this is the reason I paid for this plugin.

Please, what can I do? in the new site I don’t have any firewall installed. In the old, I use wordfence, but I don’t think this affects, does it?

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Sergi,

It is possible that WordFence is blocking the connection. I would recommend deactivating the WordFence plugin temporarily and trying again.

There is a third method of migrating the backup files. You can connect both sites to the exact same Google Drive location, take a backup on the original site, then use the ‘Rescan remote storage’ link on the new site’s Existing Backups tab. The backup should appear in the new site’s backup list, ready to be restored.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration plugin’ is closed to new replies.