Migration Restore – Error message: Failed to find database file

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migration Restore – Error message: Failed to find database file

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Tracie
    Participant

Hi, I’m trying to migrate my site to a new location (after existing web host down and not responding after almost four weeks!) and I’ve tried restoring from two sets of back ups.

Prior to attempting the restore I get the warning:
    Warnings:
    UpdraftPlus was unable to find the table prefix when scanning the database backup.

Proceeding with the warning I get the following error:
    Error message: Failed to find database file (/home/cluster-sites/1/l/lastlightcreations.co.uk/public_html/wpsystem/wp-content/upgrade/16d96bb2/backup.db.gz)

Please can someone provide some guidance?

Thanks, Tracie Callaghan

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Tracie,

Please could you send us a copy of the restoration log? This can be found in the ‘wp-content/updraft’ directory of the site via FTP.

The contents will be too long to post here directly, but you can use an online service such as Dropbox or Pastebin, and post the link here.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Tracie
    Participant

Hi David,
    Thanks for coming back to me. There were two log files so i’ve uploaded them both:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/wp1pvv4tvvapoee/log.3860e7a4184a-browser.txt?dl=0
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ksjqd2wqbnkylgg/log.3860e7a4184a.txt?dl=0
    Please let me know where you think this is going wrong.
    Thanks, TC

Tracie
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

The backup file itself appears to be sound. It appears that the issue may be due to UpdraftPlus not being able to unpack the database backup into the correct directory, ready to be restored.

Could you try restoring one of the other sections of the backups (such as Themes), and send em the resulting restoration log?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Tracie
    Participant
    Tracie
    Participant

Hi,

Would it be possible to have an answer on this please? Just concerned it’s been over a week and i only have limited support with the migrator package. Also keep to get it resolved as soonn as possible to get my site back up and running again.

Thanks, TC

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Apologies for the delay.

The backup file that you sent was a ZIP (.zip) file, while the archive generated by UpdraftPlus is a GZIP (.gz) file.
    Were you using the original .gz file to restore?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Tracie
    Participant

Hi David,

Ah okay. My Mac was set to automatically unpack files once down loaded (default) so I had to ‘recompress’ the files to upload. I think I’ve found a link on how to gzip a file using the mac os terminal. Should that work? Or do I need to do something differently?
    I will try when I next can, probably not until Wednesday now.

Thanks, TC

Dee Nutbourne

Hi,

Gzipping the unpacked database file should be sufficient to allow UpdraftPlus to restore the backup.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Migration Restore – Error message: Failed to find database file’ is closed to new replies.