Migrator problem with shared database

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Migrator problem with shared database

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Info
    Participant

Hi,

I set up a WordPress test site that uses the same database as the live site, but with a different table name prefix (“wp_test_”).

Now when I migrate this test site to the live site, Migrator not only replaces the domain name in the database tables belonging to the live site, but in all tables of this database, also in the tables that are prefixed for the test site.

This leads to the test site redirecting immediately to the live site domain after migration. (Took me hours to find out why.)

UpdraftPlus generally seems to backup all tables of the connected database, regardless of its prefixes.

I’d prefer that the backup and especially the migration proces would affect only the database tables of the current WordPress site, i. e. restricted to the tables with the prefix the site uses.

That’s what’s to be expected, would you agree?

Thanks,
    Steve

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Steve,

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Please could I ask what the prefix of the live site is set to?

Best Wishes,
    David N

Info
    Participant

Hi David,

the live site uses prefix “wp_” and the test site “wp_test2_”.

Meanwhile I run the test site from a different database, but it would be interesting to investigate the issue nonetheless.

Thanks,
    Steve

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Steve,

What I believe may be happening is that UpdraftPlus on the live site is picking up the test tables because it matches the ‘wp_’ at the start of the test site’s prefix with the live prefix.

I will add a note to our buglist to investigate this further..

In the meantime, I would recommend switching the test prefix so that it does not start with the live site prefix (e.g. ‘wptest_’, rather than ‘wp_test_’).

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Migrator problem with shared database’ is closed to new replies.