Multiple backup files downloaded??

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Multiple backup files downloaded??

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    solowiz
    Participant

I requested a download of backups from a site I manage. I selected backups dated 7/24. Somehow it gave me 41 files to download!

I download a site backup once a month, and normally this is 6 files. Suddenly, on this one site, I requested download of backup files from 7/24, but what it gave me was 41 files to download! When downloaded, the filenames indicate the additional files are backups from 7/25, 7/26, all the way to 7/30.

I haven’t changed anything in the backup configuration. Most of these additional files are small, when extracted, at least some are json files, for example

{“version”:1,”type”:”others”,”listed_levels”:”3″,”contents”:{“directories”:[“mu-plugins”],”files”:[“mu-plugins\/bps-pro-mu-tools.php”,”index.php”]}}

Please help!

solowiz
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

UpdraftPlus will automatically split the backup component into smaller sizes. The size can be changed in the UpdraftPlus “Settings” tab > Show expert settings > Backup split size. It is possible that the current split size is set to a smaller size.

Thanks,
    Bryle

solowiz
    Participant

Backup split size is set to 400MB. I really don’t think that’s the issue.

Example: I downloaded
    …wpcore.zip: 13.2M
    …wpcore2.zip: 15k
    …wpcore3.zip: 15k
    …wpcore8.zip: 15k

Note I am retrieving and downloading backups via self-hosted Updraft-Central. I only have this problem on one site, and it just popped up today – backups downloaded 6 weeks ago were normal.

solowiz
    Participant

(Note to self: PNC)

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Can you please send us a copy of the backup log? Also, can you confirm that the 400mb split size is the settings from your UpdraftClone site?

Thanks,
    Bryle

solowiz
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    solowiz
    Participant

That pastebin is the extracted wpcore2.zip file.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

The log shows this warning – 0010.273 (0) [Warning] A very large file was encountered: uploads/sucuri/sucuri-oldfailedlogins.php (size: 485 Mb)

There appears to be a log from sucuri that is 485mb. I would recommend excluding the file from backup.

Thanks,
    Bryle

solowiz
    Participant

Ok.

I don’t understand what that would have to do with multiple zip files for wpcore though.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Please check your WP core files. There might be some other files within the directory that is causing the size to increase.

Thanks,
    Bryle

solowiz
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot. I notice that the files are from different date and time. I believe you have set an incremental backup? If yes, then those files should be from the incremental backup.

Thanks,
    Bryle

solowiz
    Participant

I have incremental backups set for all my sites. The others don’t have the multiple files to download.

Why does the “multiplying download files” only happen on this one site? How do I make it stop, and prevent it on other sites?

Downloading 41 files is not something I want to have to do for a dozen sites.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple backup files downloaded??’ is closed to new replies.