Multiple Backup Schedules?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew
    Participant

Is it possible to have Updraft run multiple backup schedules?

What I’m looking for is nightly backups for 8 nights, and weekly backups for 8 weeks. This would give me the most recent 8 days’ worth of backups, and then the most recent 8 weeks’ worth as well, on a rolling basis.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Andrew,

This isn’t currently possible; though, we are currently working on incremental backups, which should accomplish the same thing (e.g. a full backup every week, and then a daily backup of the changes since the last full backup)…

You can currently accomplish this another way, if you have shell access to your webserver – you can set up a cron job on the command-line that is configured with whatever schedule you please, and which uses a different cloud storage method; and that will get the same result – I can send more details on that if that’s a possibility.

Best wishes,
    David

Andrew
    Participant

Eh, I think I’m just going to do nightly backups to S3, with the most recent 8 days available on S3 and then rolling them over to Glacier for the next 52 days… Glacier is cheap enough that it’s not worth the hassle of an extra cron job. (I work on so many different servers, I’ll never remember what I did!). :)

Thanks.

Arno
    Participant

Could you please tell how to set up the cron jobs you mentioned?

Also, is it possible to schedule restoring the backups ?
    I’ve got a local server running a website in kiosk mode, which I want to keep updated without manual interference if possible.

Dee Nutbourne

Hi Arno,

We have a guide for running UpdraftPlus through the shell here:
    https://updraftplus.com/faqs/can-i-run-backups-from-the-shell/

Your hosts may have the feature to set up cron jobs. Have the cronjob call the script in that guide.

Best Wishes,
    David N

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Multiple Backup Schedules?’ is closed to new replies.