Tagged: Site Management / MainWP Updraft
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 3 months ago by udadmin.
- May 23, 2017 at 8:28 am #210519DenisParticipant
I am searching for a solution for some topics, which might occur during unattended backups:
We have got about 65 Websites, we want to backup unattended during night.
We are using MainWP (and its Updraft-Plugin) to manage our backups.
Updraft is really fine, but I am missing some important things for conditions, which might occur during nightly backups:
Since Updraft is storing its backups locally first before sending thme to FTP and afterwards deleting them locally, problems with disk space might occur.
– It would be nice, if Updraft would check these conditions first and *not* try to create the backup, if Filesystem runs out of diskspace.
– If for some reason FTP-Backups fail, it would be nice to have an option to delete these incomplete or even complete backups to save diskspace.
– It would be nice to have a better management in MainWP Plugins Backend to delete some Backups. Right now, it is only possible to delete ONE Backup local and remote at once. I am missing the option to mark more than one backup and delete some backups at once.
– In MainWPs-Updraft Plugin it would be nice to have Sites in Backup-Groups, which I might backup on different days at different schedules. Right now, this could only be done by entering setting for each local site, which is not a real good solution for a central backup-system.
Kind regards and thanks for reading.June 7, 2017 at 9:39 pm #213072udadminKeymaster
Unfortunately, there is no standard way to be check hosting account space (which is the limit hit more often than disk space – UD does in fact check physical disk space and warn if it is low), or to calculate the compression ratio of the backup in advance, so this is more-or-less impossible to do for something that works generally across set-ups.
Concerning the MainWP add-on, please note that we have neither authored, authorised, nor advised on this – this is purely a third party product, and so you need to address suggestions about it to its authors.
- The topic ‘New Remote Backup Option’ is closed to new replies.