New Remote Backup Option

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Feature requests (Closed) New Remote Backup Option

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Denis
    Participant

I am searching for a solution for some topics, which might occur during unattended backups:

We have got about 65 Websites, we want to backup unattended during night.
    We are using MainWP (and its Updraft-Plugin) to manage our backups.

Updraft is really fine, but I am missing some important things for conditions, which might occur during nightly backups:

Since Updraft is storing its backups locally first before sending thme to FTP and afterwards deleting them locally, problems with disk space might occur.

– It would be nice, if Updraft would check these conditions first and *not* try to create the backup, if Filesystem runs out of diskspace.
    – If for some reason FTP-Backups fail, it would be nice to have an option to delete these incomplete or even complete backups to save diskspace.
    – It would be nice to have a better management in MainWP Plugins Backend to delete some Backups. Right now, it is only possible to delete ONE Backup local and remote at once. I am missing the option to mark more than one backup and delete some backups at once.
    – In MainWPs-Updraft Plugin it would be nice to have Sites in Backup-Groups, which I might backup on different days at different schedules. Right now, this could only be done by entering setting for each local site, which is not a real good solution for a central backup-system.

Kind regards and thanks for reading.

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Denis,

Unfortunately, there is no standard way to be check hosting account space (which is the limit hit more often than disk space – UD does in fact check physical disk space and warn if it is low), or to calculate the compression ratio of the backup in advance, so this is more-or-less impossible to do for something that works generally across set-ups.

Concerning the MainWP add-on, please note that we have neither authored, authorised, nor advised on this – this is purely a third party product, and so you need to address suggestions about it to its authors.

David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘New Remote Backup Option’ is closed to new replies.