Notifications “Be safe with an automatic backup” still visible

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Notifications “Be safe with an automatic backup” still visible

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

Hey
    I set “Remember this choice for next time (you will still have the chance to change it)” every time but the message “Be safe with an automatic backup” and options are still visible on dashboard > updates.
    Can i disable this?

Oliver
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as moderator-only.
    Bryle Crodua

Hi,

You can set this option directly in UpdraftPlus > “Settings” tab > Show expert settings.
    You can enable/disable the option and make sure you click the “Save Changes” button after making the changes.

Regards,
    Bryle

Mark
    Participant

I have this problem too, and I think this message is stopping the website automated backups. It looks as though whenever Updraftplus is upgraded some settings are being overwritten. This one in particular. It is causing a huge headache at the moment, I have 135 websites, many are Divi theme based where I also use a plugin called Divi Booster. I checked 10 sites this morning. All the same. In every case an update was identified, tried to update and failed meaning I have to go in there and manually update it. When I manually update each one this message pops up as indicated by web24 above. On every site I have unchecked that option before in the settings. But it keeps coming back. There are other options that keep coming back as well. But right now I would like this resolved ASAP, it has been going on for a long time. If I do not want to backup plugins before updates, it should remember that and not stall waiting for a manual input again. I don’t want to have to manually update a lot of sites either. Please can you check the coding on this and make sure you are not overwriting it when you upgrade Updraftplus?

Mark
    Participant

I have just had another message about another automatic update failure. Same symptoms. However this time I checked the Updraftplus settings. The parameter where you backup plugins was not set. (As I intended it to be). If that is the case why is this message still coming up? It looks like something is not being initialised correctly. I am pretty sure this happens every time Updraftplus is updated.

If I have made the choice not to backup individual plugins before updates, then it should not keep asking me. It should just go ahead and and update the site. In my case I backup everything once per week. That is all I need. I have found that backing up plugins wastes a lot of storage space, and it keeps too many of them. That is why I do not use it that way. Have you tested a use case which only backs up the website and checked the behaviour when an update is found?

Mark.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Mark,

I will consult my colleague on this. Will get back to you on Monday.

Thanks,
    Bryle

Oliver
    Participant

Hey
    i disable the option in expert settings.
    But it still apperas.
    It is now on every site (arround 20) with updraft plus.

Bryle Crodua

Hi Mark,

Are you able to provide us access to your website as well please?

Thanks,
    Bryle

Mark
    Participant

A quick update on this for my specific case. I have been chasing this problem for a few weeks now and there are two plugins, Updraftplus is one of them, the other one is Divibooster. I have been working with the author of Divibooster on this as well and something has been found.

Firstly this problem only occurs where both Updraftplus and Divibooster are on the same site. If Divibooster is missing I don’t see the problem. If Divibooster is present, I always see the problem in Updraftplus. Following some further research, it is relatively new and only been occurring since the 21st of August 2020.

I did a load of analysis with DiviBooster and sent that back to the support contact. They have come back and think they have identified a bug in Divibooster which was created as a result of a change in the updates API for WordPress introduced in WP 5.5 (in August). That is reason why it is not automatically updating. I am waiting for a fix on this.

Speculation: If this and other plugins have missed the changes in the WP5.5 release in August, is there a chance that this is triggering the behaviour in Updraftplus? Is that the reason why the message keeps coming up reminding me to back up plugins when I have already set that parameter to no? Elsewhere on my sites (around 130 of them) Everything is working ok. BTW I have also used EasyUpdates Manager to manage the update of DiviBooster, and that does not resolve things either. Updraftplus still comes up with the window.

As this progresses, I will come back and update, while it looks like Divibooster may be causing the problem, the behaviour in Updraftplus is unexpected and undesirable. When the fix comes out for Divibooster (anticipated over the next 7 days) I will update this thread.

Mark.

Oliver
    Participant

Hey and my problem is still there..

Oliver
    Participant

Hey

In other words. How can i hide the Message “Be safe with an automatic backup”

Bryle Crodua

Hi Oliver,

Apologies for the delay.

Can you confirm that you have the latest plugin version installed 2.16.31.x?

Regards,
    Bryle

Oliver
    Participant

Okay.
    Now i’v installed the newest Version.
    The Notification still appears in Dachboard > Updates

Bryle Crodua

Hi Oliver,

Please can you provide us access to your website so we can check first hand?

Thanks,
    Bryle

Mark
    Participant

I have the problem back on another site. Message comes up when you manually update a plugin. Option to backup when updating plugins is not set, so I should not be seeing it. Latest version of Updraftplus is installed. I can grant access to this site if you wish to look around. Plus I can give you instructions on what to do to replicate it. BTW, I removed, reinstalled and reset the settings for Updraftplus on this site this morning.

There is also another annoying case of parameters not being retained during updates and screen refreshes as well in the field for “Add this site to UpdraftCentral”. I deselect it, save the page and it returns with it selected again. I noted that has also been raised in another ticket. This one has security implications because I deliberately do not want it controlled from another location. You should respect that.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘Notifications “Be safe with an automatic backup” still visible’ is closed to new replies.