Plugin failed to reactivate due to a fatal error

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Plugin failed to reactivate due to a fatal error

• This topic has 3 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Bryle Crodua.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Philip Franckel
    Participant

I updated the plugin and got this fatal error:

Downloading update from https://updraftplus.com/?udm_action=download&slug=updraftplus&muid=1&etoken=3ktu7p%2BP8Qh6UhrGDusjDR3PiKQtW%2BKvB3mS4hKd58u3K4LOSUAOemLjKSO7988gM4K…

Unpacking the update…

Installing the latest version…

Removing the old version of the plugin…

Plugin updated successfully.

Plugin failed to reactivate due to a fatal error.

Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required ‘/home/lawfirm9/public_html/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/vendor/yahnis-elsts/plugin-update-checker/Puc/v4p5/Factory.php’ (include_path=’.:/opt/cpanel/ea-php70/root/usr/share/pear’) in /home/lawfirm9/public_html/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/vendor/yahnis-elsts/plugin-update-checker/plugin-update-checker.php on line 10

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi Philip,

This indicates a cacheing issue in your PHP opcode cache (e.g. APC or Zend Cache) whereby it hasn’t registered the existence of new files. It is likely to be fine if you just go to the ‘Plugins’ page and re-activate the plugin.

If that works, then you could then ask your server administrator to review the settings for the PHP opcode cache as to how frequently it checks for new files.

David

Philip Franckel
    Participant

Thank you. I re-activated the plugin and it now works. I asked my hosting company to look at the PHP opcode cache issue

Bryle Crodua

Hi Philip,

Glad it works now.

Regards,
    Bryle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Plugin failed to reactivate due to a fatal error’ is closed to new replies.