Rescan Remote Storage Shows files Even when Deleted

UpdraftPlus Home Forums Paid support forum – UpdraftPlus backup plugin Rescan Remote Storage Shows files Even when Deleted

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Shane
    Participant

Hi,
    I backup my files locally, Dropbox and Amazon.

Using the s3 browser i deleted the backups from amazon. using the web browser I deleted he files from Dropbox.
    I then got Updraft to rescan local and remote storage. The remote storage shows backups despite them being removed.

Is this a CDN type problem or something in updraft?

Thanks
    shane

udadmin
    Keymaster

Hi,

This is the intended behaviour. What UpdraftPlus is showing you is a record of backups taken. If backups vanish from remote storage, it won’t remove them from the list automatically because (in our view!) it’s better this way round than the alternative (i.e. that if remote storage malfunctions (perhaps temporarily), then things vanishing from UpdraftPlus and then the user being confused when he decides he wants to restore a backup that is no longer there). You can manually remove things from the list in UpdraftPlus (or wait until they are deleted automatically due to your configured retention settings).

David

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Rescan Remote Storage Shows files Even when Deleted’ is closed to new replies.