Reset Licenses

• This topic has 9 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Dee Nutbourne.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    John
    Participant

I also have also requested some licenses to be reset like a number of people in these forums. They were for staging areas and even 5 of them are listed as used on the same domain. I don’t know how that is possible. Two others are also listed on same domain. Can you please reset these licenses for me? Thank you.

Bryle Crodua

Hi,

Apologies. To check further on this, could you please provide us your UpdraftPlus account email?
    You can tick the box below ‘Set as private reply’, also include the sites you want us to release.

Regards,
    Bryle

John
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.
    John
    Participant
    Bryle Crodua

Hi John,

Apologies, I have overlooked your request.

I can see that you had a lifetime license that we used to have way back in 2013. Only our developers can change this as this requires special procedures to change. I’ll send a request to them and would already be processed by Monday.

Thanks,
    Bryle

John
    Participant

Hi Bryle,
    Just checking back in on this. Do you know if the developers received the request? Thanks for an update.

John

Dee Nutbourne
    John
    Participant

I’m not understanding why I’m getting two different responses from two different people at UpdraftPlus? Bryle said this would be done Monday and Dee says, I can’t have these licenses fixed..

I appreciate the private message offer for a discount on purchasing new licenses, but I shouldn’t have to buy new licenses yet, because only 3 of my 10 licenses are the only sites I’m using. I’m happy to purchase new licenses in the future for when I need more than the 10.

I’m especially frustrated when 5 of these licenses are all shown as the same domain name. I’m not sure how that is even possible. Then another two of the other licenses are also that same domain. Can you explain how I can possible register a license on the same domain multiple times? I’m not a customer who is simply trying to re-use a license that was being used elsewhere. If you look at my account page of licenses, you will see all the duplicates.

Your own documentation for this lifetime license says, “Since it first launched, all UpdraftPlus purchases have come with an “updates for life” policy – once you purchase, you will always have updates available, including all the new features of future versions (which are being added all the time).” I think you even state on your site, “A promise is a promise.” about honoring your lifetime purchase clients.

It seems like if I have a client that has a site hacked or lost and I have to go put up a new site for them which may involve installing fresh plugins, then I’d have to use another license key and the old one still is active in your eyes, even though it is not.

Can you please reset these duplicate license keys.

Thank you,
    John

Dee Nutbourne

Hi John,

Apologies for the misinformation. I’m afraid that my colleague was incorrect in the information that he gave.

Our official policy on the lifetime licences is that they are eligible for updates for life. However, this does not cover premium support for life, which resetting licences is considered a part of.

However, as several of these assigned sites appear to be duplicates, I have asked our lead developer/administrator to review this issue and respond here.

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Dee Nutbourne

Hi John,

My colleague has reset the 4 duplicate licences now. These are now available to be reassigned.

Best Wishes,
    Dee

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Reset Licenses’ is closed to new replies.